Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripods and RRS plates
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 19:05:37 -0800

Nigel B Watson wrote:
> The Kirk/RRS M6 plates are nice, but they place a good deal
> of leverage on the baseplate.  One must be very careful not to lift up on
> the body whilst it is mounted to the tripod via the RRS plate!

The RRS plate specifically for M is an awesome piece of work.  Only the
plate for the Pentax 67 is awesomer . : )    Not the generic small
square.  The M plate is nearly the length of the base plate and has
tripod hole in middle (if that matters).  You can center it easily in
the QR.  My only complaint is that it sticks out a bit and seems
overbuilt.  As someone suggested. building one into a base plate would
be ideal or into the Rapid winder.  Unfortunately, the QR requires a
plate a little wider than the M base.  The M RRS plate is about $70.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego