Subject: Re: [Leica] sneak thief photographers!
From: Francesco <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 23:38:41 -0800

IN THE END, if you ever want to use that stealth image of that
person you did not want to confront, for anything but editorial
work, you are screwed.

I have made many images, from Bali to Paris to California,
of people on the street.  Most never knew I was there, and I was
scared or nervous to ask them permission or for a release because
of the neighborhood or situation.  Are these photos worthless now,
in terms of using them for stock images or books or selling
prints at the swap meet?  Can I only display them in the privacy of
my own home without getting sued?  How do you all handle this?

Francesco