Subject: Re: [Leica] digital image manipulation
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:04:13 -0600

>I work at an ad agency, where we manipulate photos for advertising purposes
>every day.

Advertising and journalism are worlds apart. It is perfectly acceptable to
manipulate photos that are going to be used in ads. Not so in journalism.
Rolling Stone would mess with a cover I suppose, but they'd better never
mess with Sebastiao Salgado's photos when they run 'em.

(Funny story about Brad Pitt - hardly believable though).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Albert Einstein