Subject: Re: [Leica] was:news photos on private property, now: confronted by police.
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:15:27 -0800

>Good words Ted!!
>I shot a KKK ralley a few years ago...Skinheads; tatooes; etc;;;several got
>arrested;;;I gave my prints to a US Marshall that I have worked with over
20
>years;;he passed them around to the Feds.  Next time he saw me he said "

>great work;;;you photographed all our undercover agents also!!"..  jh

Ah memories,

Years ago a friend called and said "hey, we're going to shoot a wedding".
This friend and I had both worked as photographers for a large industrial
company and then both moved on, I, to freelancing and Gene, to federal
service.

 I told him I had not done a wedding in a hundred years and really did not
want to do one now. He said, "I understand, but the boss saw a story you did
about ???? and he has set us up to shoot a wedding that is taking place in
the family. We needed someone legit. Oh, by the way, he also would like to
look at the shots you took in ????'s office to see if he can read anything
on his desk!"

OK, so we shot a wedding. This wedding started at 2:00 in the afternoon and
at 2:00 the next morning we were still shooting. I was getting  great shots
of all the bad guys and I thought I was doing pretty well when Gene came up
to me and said, "you probably have enough of that guy standing next to the
band".

Now, that guy standing next to the band was "really" a bad guy. I could tell
just by the way he looked and I did not hesitate to tell Gene I thought I
could get a better shot than I already had. "No really, that's OK, he is
Army Intelligence"!

Well, it turns out there were about six different agencies involved, all
represented at this wedding, and they ALL looked like bad guys.

That was the last wedding and the last 007 play acting I ever did....and
glad of it!

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA