Subject: [Leica] Leica Wrist Strap
From: "William H. Cassing" <wcassing@elkgrove.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:09:33 -0800

I would appreciate clarification on the discussion regarding the Leica wrist
strap (14406).

I checked with my dealer.  They showed me the price list.  It shows the
wrist strap as a part for a soft case; I have forgotten the number, but it
is the case designed for an M4 or M6 with a collapsing lens.

Does the strap attach to the case or does it attach to the camera?  If it
attaches to the camera, does it attach to the strap lugs or to the tripod
socket?  How well does it work with the M grip?

I'm toying with the idea of making a strap which attaches to the lugs
(maximum security), but is short enough and configured in such a way as to
act primarily as a wrist strap?  I'll use a spare strap and either Leica or
Nikon clips (to minimize friction between the strap, clips and camera body.
I've noticed that the Leica strap is about 11 mm wide.  I have other straps
from 8 - 15 mm.  Any comments on the best width to use for a WRIST strap?
If I can make a decent strap, I'll post the results here.  If it's a flop,
I'll just crawl away quietly.

Bill Cassing

Finally, be aware that the Leica strap is