Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 2.8/35
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 16:09:56 +0100

Hey Hans and Dan,

Everybody is right!

There are three versions of the elmarit R 35 f/2.8
- - The fist one, and of course the older is the Leicaflex version which uses
series VI filters with a retaining ring exactly as the old 50 mm s'cron for
Leicaflex. This version has been modified to fit the SL. This is the version
Dan and myself are talking about.
- - The second version looks nearly the same but was optically recomputed
(better? who doubt?). It uses the same "square" hood as the elmarit R 28 mm
and uses the series VII (!) filters that are no longer retained by a ring
but by the hood. This hood is typically furbished with a button to allow
polarizers rotation. This is the version Hans is talking about. This version
appeared roughly at the time of the SL2.
- - The third and last version appeared with the R3. It uses E55 filters and
bears an integrated hood!
So everybody was right!
Thib.