Subject: Re: [Leica] Let's Talk Netiquette/Wrist straps/straps are not craps
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 20:22:56 +0100

At 06:52 06/12/98 -0800, Ben wrote :
>>> HOW LONG CAN YOU TALK ABOUT WRIST STRAPS?  OR METERS?  for God's sake,
those of us in photography (few, it seems) resolved that crap years ago.

So you *did* have to resolve it yourself.  Some people are still in the
process of doing so.  Not everyone here is on the same level of development
photographically.  So, like you say, the delete button is for those who
don't think they don't care or already know what's being discussed.

>>> BTW, anyone familiar with Leica M construction will advise NOT to use a
wrist strap, either on the bottom plate OR on one strap lug.  Period.
Neither is strong enough.  You'll bend the tripod socket or pull the lug
out. Eventually.  Forget about it.
I'd like to know whether anybody actually had his/her strap lug or tripod
socket bent or pulled out because of using a wriststrap.

>Ben

#########
Let's cool things down a bit.
That thread began with my comment on invisibility (how to become invisible
when we photograph). It appeared that the Leica wriststrap was rather
unknowned among us.
Is the wrist crap...oops scrap, no... strap a danger for the precious lug
of a lugger's camera ? Good question.
I suppose that the Leica Camera QC service has tested the wriststrap with
100,000 rotations around the lug ;-)

Dominique Pellissier