Subject: Re: [Leica] Light meters
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 19:34:37 +0100

Hi Gib,

That is exactly what I do as well. The Sekonic L-508 is my companion for the M3;
I use it mostly in incident mode for B&W, and I meter for the highlights when
shooting slide film, sometimes opening up one stop based on experience. When I
want to photograph my kids running around the house, I take my Pentax PZ1P with
flash.

Nathan

Gib Robinson wrote:

> When
> I'm taking B&W landscape photos with fine grain film and time isn't much of
> an issue (except sun time), I usually want to know lots about brightness
> range and the relationships between objects in terms of reflected light. In
> that case, an incident meter doesn't cut it. A one-degree spot meter works
> best for me then. On the other hand If I'm taking portraits of kids moving
> around outdoors, an internal meter plus a good incident meter is usually all
> have time to use.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium