Subject: [Leica] M6TTL - Leica USA Pres Visit/DOF/Adjustments
From: Mike Austin <maustin@uswnvg.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 12:00:58 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Walt:

I would say that you can go ahead and say what you want to say in whatever
fashion you want to say it.  After reading the last post, the image of Kevin
Bacon's character being interviewed in prison in the Movie JFK came to mind.  I
dont remember the exact words, but change "Oswald" to "Leica".  I dont know, it
just stuck me as funny...the scene in the movie JFK:  "The people just gots to
know!"

The President of Leica USA is on a whirlwind tour, I guess.  Tuesday the
president will be at my Leica dealer's store.  Not sure what time.  I think I
will go there and have a chat with the president about my M6TTL.  You know,
just to let the president know what my expectations are when I buy a Leica
product.  That kind of a chat.  Walt, can I use your comments and present them
to the president?  "The people just gots to know!"  A reality check?  For
Leica?  For me?  For us?  I have to find out what time the president will be
there.  I hope I can get away to chat with the president.

You know, its true that if you buy a $2000 body, it had better be right.  For
two grand, you want to get out and use it.  Well, I want to go out and use it.

So, has anyone really checked to see where the subject falls in the DOF with
their Ms?  It is possible to have the 1/3 and 2/3 DOF with the Ms rangefinder,
right?  Obviously, I know not what the adjustments are for the various ranges
(distances).  So, does the Ms rangefinder have individual adjustments for
various ranges (distances):  for example, .7m to 15m, 15m to 30m, 30m to
infinity?  Just curious how it basically works when it comes to adjustments.

Thanks!