Subject: [Leica] M6 Neophyte-Focus Questions
From: sandyquandt@centuryinter.net
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 98 01:31:42 GMT

Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to "ask first and forget the archives."
(I hesitated initially, since, at a web site that I frequent, individuals are
often chastised for asking a question that could have been answered by doing a
search.) In reading all of the focus alignment posts, I've become a bit
nervous, since I, too have found that focusing is more of a challenge with the
M6 than with my SLR system. I had been attributing this step in the learning
curve to the fact that I wear glasses and am used to using an eyecup on my F5;
seems as if I'm sometimes contending with extraneous light bouncing around in
the M6 viewfinder. For those of you who acquired the M6 after primarily using a
SLR, did you find that it took awhile to become accustomed to M6 focusing
(especially in low light)? Just how pervasive is the misalignment problem? I
plan to do the tripod test as soon as my RRS plate arrives; however, in the
meantime, should I be concerned about alignment problems, or am I experiencing
normal challenges inherent in a system change?

Thanks for any advice,

Sandy (who's already trying to decide which lens to order next....)