Subject: Re: [Leica] Accessories for photobug
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:02:36 +0000

On  7 Dec 98 at 8:34, Ron & Beelian Miller wrote:

> BTW i do have a Logan mat cutter #301 and use it for matting boards.
> I thought I could some $ and use this for print trimming.  Any
> drawbacks doing it this way instead of Rotatrim?

I've got a Logan Simplex which will permit the cutting of a piece of
board along the 40" side.  I am not sure how that compares with the
301.  However, I would be concerned with marring the print with the
metal hold-down bar when pressing down to keep the print from
slipping during a cut.  Also, I would imagine that you'd be changing
blades for every print to assure a smooth cut

> There is a special deal of $130 for the Rotatrim Monorail 26. A $100
> less than the Mastercut II #24.  Salesperson said the monorail is a
> little stiff and less sturdy for accurate cuts than the Mastercut II
> double rail design. True or false?
I never even looked at a monorail because of the poor performance of
a low end monorail I had had before getting the Mastercut which is
rock solid.  However, before I plunked down my money, I did bring in
some extra prints to see how the trimmer would perform.  I'd suggest
that you take that approach with the models you are considering and
see if the difference is, in your mind, worth the price.

Roy