Subject: [Leica] Re: What are loupes for?
From: Ron & Beelian Miller <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 10:59:32 -0800

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the advise! Duh, it was rather silly of me to ask "is it
worth it". Only I can tell and I would have to see for myself which one
is best for me. But it always helps to narrow your choices through the
experience of veteran photogs.  If I value the images i make with my M6,
I should preserve the "high quality" throughout the entire process.
Though I always like to go for the best value that money can buy,
sometimes the best will have to cost more. We shall see. I will be
comparing the suggested loupes (kindly recommended by LUG family members
and also from archive threads) pretty soon at a local store. Right now,
they have a limited quantity of each model. And thanks to the test
suggestion by Peter, I will try out: Schneider 6x asph, Pentax 5.5x,
Rodenstock 4x, Peak 4x anastigmatic and Zeiss 5x.

Will keep you posted!
Bee Lian