Subject: Re: [Leica] COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC: Insurance Companies
From: Mark Walberg <Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 19:12:21 -0600

>At 04:51 PM 1998-12-08 -0600, Mark Walberg wrote:
>>Ever notice that some of the biggest buildings are owned by insurance
>>companies?
>
>Well, think of the economics of large buildings and of insurance companies.
> Large buildings pay off in time, a long time, but are a relatively certain
>bets.  Life insurance companies NEED this sort of long-term, guaranteed
>income:  the policy you buy today, and pay for today, won't be paid out for
>long, long years, Leica users in general, and LUG'ers in particular, being
>damned to long life.
>So, of course insurance companies own, and finance, a lot of LARGE buildings.
>Marc
>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Of course.  I agree completely.
I was just pointing out that there is a lot of money to be made from people
who are worried about what might happen. (And sometimes the worries are
appropriate, too.)
  However, I guess I haven't heard of too many camera repair people buying
big buildings because of all the CLAs people think they need every year.
- -Mark