Subject: Re: [Leica] How often CLA
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 15:16:23 -0500

At 11:29 AM 1998-12-09 -0500, Sam Alexander wrote:

>I though the opposite! Especially in the case of the late M3's and
>the M4's. My impression - from info accumulated over a period of time -was
>that later M's started cost cutting in certain areas and were not as well
>made. . .

And that is simply the myth.  The earlier cameras were designed for regular
CLA's, the later ones were not.  The engineering is simple.  The mythology
is more complex, and has to do with some need a lot of us seem to feel that
'they don't make them as well as they used to'.  It isn't necessarily so,
but, still, folks insist on believing in it.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!