Subject: Re: [Leica] How often CLA
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 22:07:09 +0100

Marc,

So, my M6 is designed to simply work until it breaks, while my M3 should have
regular CLA. But what does "regular" mean here? Has Leica ever issued any
guidelines about it? I do not see any information of this type in my M3 manual,
nor in any of my Leica books. Note: I am not challenging your statement, I
really just want to know.

Nathan

Marc James Small wrote:

> The earlier cameras were designed for regular
> CLA's, the later ones were not.  The engineering is simple.  The mythology
> is more complex, and has to do with some need a lot of us seem to feel that
> 'they don't make them as well as they used to'.  It isn't necessarily so,
> but, still, folks insist on believing in it.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

- --