Subject: Re: [Leica] APO 2X extenders - non ROM?
From: inyoung@jps.net
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 22:59:02

Hello,

 I read a little about the 2X non-APO Extender in Leica R Compendium.
There it says the non-APO Extender is not supposed to be used on APO prime
lenses like 100 APO.  It also mentioned that APO 2X Extender was designed
to compensate the image quality loss in the non-APO Extender.  What gives?
 What is the advantage of the APO Extender compared with the non-APO
Extender?  I know the price is almost double.

Best Wishes,
David