Subject: [Leica] Re: Short termism - let's get off topic! (far too long)
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:29:54 -700

On 27 Nov 98, Alex Brattell wrote, at least in part:

<huge amount snipped, mercifully>

You bet your sweet bippy, I'll flame you for this one!

Is your ego and what appears to be a frustrated writer's ambition
sated now, Alex?

Some of your points in the first part (before the appended
material) has some relevancy to Leica quality and management
decisions. That, however, sure could have been said in far less
words. That's the only stuff that belonged here, period!

If you are in opposition to our habit of consuming turkey on our
Thanksgiving Day, you're entitled to your opinion, but why here?
If I think about it, I'm quite sure that I can find something about a
holiday or two of yours that I may think is silly or worse, but
damned if I'll voice it in anything but a proper forum.

Speaking for myself, you sir, have succeded in accomplishing
nothing more than angering me. I dont think that I should come
to a conterminous interest mailing list with the expectation that I
might be angered by totally off topic material in an environment
where, ostensibly, we are siblings.

I did not read the appended material. I *might* have if you had
the good sense to point to the website only. To have foisted the
material on us, is an affront and not appreciated.

The good news is that I'll not be similarly bothered in the future
since my killfile now has company for the one other occupant.
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Thought for the day: