Subject: [Leica] Another question on 70-180 and 80-200
From: Ben Ho ^_^ <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:52:39 +0800

Hello,

First of all, thanks for all the advices on my inquiries about the APO
70-180/2.8 zoom.  Really appreciate it.

The more I shop for lens, the more I am confused.  Restating my current
dilemma below:

I have the following mid-tele lens:

APO 100/2.8 - just acquired
135/2.8 - over 10 years old
180/4 - over 10 years old

I just checked out the 70-180.  It's very much heavier than I thought.
(Costly too!).  I also noted that Leica has a 80-200/4 which is a lot
cheaper and very much lighter.

I can live without the extra 2.8 stop.  Does anyone know how is the
optics of this 80-200/4 comparing to the old 135 and the 180 I have?
(Thinking of selling off my 135 and 180.)

(Pardon me for the ignorance.  I did not keep track of camera gears for
long time.  In fact, I stopped taking pictures long time.  All of a
sudden, without any reason, my fever came back again.  What a nightmare
to my bank book!)

Thanks in advance enlightening me up.

Regards.