Subject: [Leica] 100+135+180 vs 70-180
From: Ben Ho ^_^ <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 12:56:14 +0800

Hello,

I have been thinking about the APO 70-180/2.8 a lot lately.  I heard
that it is a super zoom but it is also very expensive and heavy.
Meantime, I have the followinging mid-tel lens:

    APO 100/2.8
    135/2.8
    180/4

Does any one know how is the optical quality of the zoom comparing to
the 3 lens above?  (Is it really very much better than the 135 and 180
as advised by the saleman?)

Is it a good move to sell off the 135 and 180 and get the new zoom?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Regards.