Subject: [Leica] No more PMK 25 - Nat Geo..
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:19:10 -0700

Just had a thought about this. If they are discontinuing PMK25 (Kodachrome
professional 25), will this mean the end of National Geographic as we know
it? Will they lower themselves to use the "Amateur/consumer" version?!

(On a slightly serious note, I did note recently that the likes of Bill
Allard had gone back to Kodachrome after experimenting with Ekatachrome
and/or Fuji. I believe a number of others still use it as their main
emulsion - well, I guess not any longer! Unless they do an Ernst Haas and
buy up a freezerfull, as he supposedly did when Kodachrome II went out).

Tim A

Tim Atherton,
Tim Atherton Photography,
PO Box 515,
Yellowknife,
NT, X1A N4,
Canada.

Ph/Fx 867.669.9874

DOCUMENTARY * REPORTAGE * EDITORIAL * ARCHITECTURAL