Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Halogen light and lenses
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:43:07 +0100

Jim Brick wrote:
>....<snip>......
> I have often wondered if people buy Leica's to use for photography, or as
> an exercise in mechanical/optical study.

Jim,

Why not "and" instead of "or" ? i'm absolutely not convinced of the
inherent imaging advantages of Leica lenses over most others in daily
usage. But I am absolutely convinced that the Leica lenses are extremely
beautiful mechanical objects graced with extremely exacting optical
designs. Sold at an extremely high price that implies extremely high
standards in QC. There should not be dust or spots or scratches in those
lenses when you take them out of the box. Even they do help taking real
nice pictures....

Alan