Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Halogen light and lenses
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@whalentennis.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:36:28 -0500

Dear Ted,

    You are obviously a "hell of a man".  You don't need to test but you just
shoot.  Thats great for you but if it is true you are sure wasting a lot of
money.  Why buy Leica if your not getting more than Nikon or Canon?  Why
bother.  Their is an inherent obligation of Leica to make sure the lenses and
bodies are perfect.  At least as perfect as possible.  My point is simply this:
if the lense is delivered in a condition LESS than it should be then why?   Why
accept it?  Why ignore it?  Do you do the same with your cars, house, stocks,
shirts, shoes, picture frames, etc.  You have to inspect your stuff if for no
other reason than to keep Leica up to its own high standards.  If checking
expensive equipment for flaws is stupid then I have some land I want to sell
you.