Subject: Re: [Leica] No more PMK 25 - Now Kodachrome II
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:06:51 EST

Most of we old-timers lamented the demise of KII.  Much, if not all the
Kodachrome legend is attributable to that film.  The revised version
pales (literally) by comparison, and it is also much more contrasty.  The
excuse Kodak gave for the changeover was a reduction in the silver
content.  Whether that is true or simply a spin similar to those Leica
puts on every cost-cutting measure that demeans their product, the only
sure thing is that it took Fuji six years to come up with a film *almost*
as good as KII.

Regards,
Nigel

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:48:32 -0700 "Tim Atherton"
<timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca> writes:

>Finally, the colours themselves were very impressive, much better than
>current KM25/64. They were closer to many of the modern Fuji/Kodak E6
>(though not quite the super saturated kind). Only I would have said,
>slightly better. Strong colours, but with a natural feel. And an
>almost
>Leica feel of 3D

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]