Subject: [Leica] TID>Up Close and Personal
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:10:33 -0800 (PST)

##########
Getting up close and personal doesn't mean you photograph grizzlies with
a 15mm Super Elmar.   If you study the habits of animals and use common
sense, you can capture the personality of an animal without disturbing
them.

Bud,

The wildlife exhibition at the Museum of Natural history has an image this
year of an elephant taken, I think, with a 21mm lens. The animal is at its
water/mud hole, spies the camera [left lying there, while the
"photographer" was at a safe distance with his auto-remote] and sprays the
thing with mud and water ;-) The resultant image is great, but the CLA was
"terminal". Made me think of using the 15 this way, then discarded the
option.

Alastair Firkin,