Subject: [Leica] 100+135+180 vs 70-180
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:10:29 -0800 (PST)

#############
I have been thinking about the APO 70-180/2.8 a lot lately.  I heard
that it is a super zoom but it is also very expensive and heavy.
Meantime, I have the followinging mid-tel lens:

    APO 100/2.8

Ben,
I cannot speak for the other lenes, but the APO 100 does have slightly more
contrast than the zoom at 100mm in MHO. Just a good excuse to own both ;-)
The zoom however is fantastic throughout its range, and though heavy, makes
the R very versitile.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,