Subject: Re: [Leica] "Ghosts" in the viewfinder
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:01:12 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@nyct.net>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thursday, December 10, 1998 8:58 PM
Subject: [Leica] "Ghosts" in the viewfinder

>I noticed that when I point my M3 at a bright desk lamp, I see 3 different
>images of the brightest portion of that lamp in addition to the real one.
>They are below the real image of the lamp.  It looks similar to the double
>image you see in the rangefinder patch.

That, and the washed-out rangefinder image are normal. Lighting conditions
harsh enough to wash out the rangefinder are usually also too harsh to yield
good photos, but one can always focus by the lens distance scale, if need
be. It's at times like this when you really appreciate the depth of field
engravings!

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa