Subject: Re: [Leica] your opinion about G2
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:02:29 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: David W. Almy <dalmy@mindspring.com>
>The M6s and G2 are complimentary in character, not adversarial. With the
>exception of the 35, OPTICALLY, the G series lenses are highly
>competitive with the Leica M lenses, at a fraction of their cost.
>Mechanically, the Leica lenses are built to different standards, but
>this Leica "superiority" is rarely seen in the finished photograph.

For me, this would be an "either/or" proposition: What's the point of owing
two incompatible 35mm outfits with virtually identical basic capabilities? A
much more interesting complement to an M- or G-system would  be a Nikon F5,
or a Fuji GA645zi or even a Toyo 4x5! Between the G- and M-systems, it's
really mostly differing shades of grey, and I happened to like the M6's
shade of grey more :-)

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http:// www.netone.com/~segawa