Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] American cameras
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:55:25 -0600

Friday, Friday, December 11, 1998, Walter S Delesandri wrote:

> likewise, many fine optics (again, to "Leica" tolerances)
> have been produced in this country.

Walt,

I  may  be  mistaken,  but  wasn't the technology Canon used to create
their  AF  system  pirated  from  Baush  &  Laumb? It seems I remember
reading   somewhere  this  technology  was  created  for  use  on  the
telescopes  (microscopes?) and Canon took the technology and applied it
to their camera lenses.

This was 7-8 years ago when I heard this so I could be quite wrong.

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com