Subject: [Leica] BOOWU Boohoo!
From: John Maries <jmaries@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 04:54:30 -0500

LUGgers,

I recently picked up a BOOWU-M (copying kit) for a song and thought it was
exactly what  I needed to copy a lot of old family photos.  Unfortunately,
my recent Elmar 50/2.8 (pace Gandy!) doesn't fit because a baffle at the
back of the (collapsed) lens prevents the lens-locking bayonets engaging.

What's my cheapest option?  How early a 50mm bayonet Summicron or Elmar am
I going to need?  Anything out there?  Am in the UK but can do VISA, AMEX
or $$$.

The kit came with the UOORE adapter, so I can use a Summicron lens head,
apparently.  Do recent 50mm Summicrons still come apart in this fashion?

Many thanks,

John