Subject: [Leica] cases, straps - Kameraleder
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:32:00 -0500

Like perhaps many other USA LUGers I have seen adds and product mentions
for ER cases and belt pouches for various cameras by a company called
Kamerleder. I was curious about the quality as they are not inexpensive.

Today I had an opportunity to examine a variety of these cases at a trade
show in Dearborn, MI. I was very impressed. The leather is quite beautiful.
It is soft and quite supple. The craftsmanship is very fine. I was quite
tempted by a case for my IIIf, but as I have one already could not justify
the purchase.

I DID buy a couple of camera straps. They are made of the same quality
leather. They are stitched together so that both sides are "finished"
unlike most other leather straps I've seen. The split rings are small
enough that they will not touch the camera when attached to the body lugs.
One of these straps is simply a narrow strap with connectors at each end.
The other has a wider center section with "non-slip" material on one side.
This center sections has a curve to help it stay on the shoulder.

Anyone looking for a nice leather strap should take a look at these. You
can read about them on the web. <kameraleder.com>

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>