Subject: [Leica] A nice Weekend
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:39:22 -0500

What a nice weekend!  Still no snow to speak of here in Central NY.
Went Saturday to the small farming community of Nelson, NY to skulk around.
Had my M6 with TriElmar and a 90 Elmarit with Infrared and had a blast.  The
M's are the penultimate IR camera.  This combination works very well and
gets me down to just a fanny pack and camera to cover 28 to 90 mm.

I was told by my significant other to be back in town by three for our
daughter's recital - no problem, change film to HP5+, take off the filters,
wolf down some Micky D's and off to the "concert hall".    I think some of
the parents thought I was daft for taking pics of other kids but some were
too much to pass by.  I was too nervous watching/listening to my own
offspring to take many pics.

This morning it was off to the cemetary to see what was new!?  Same outfit .
Got home and discovered that all I had to develop with was Rodinal.  Tried
it at 1:25 for 6 minutes @ 68F and found the negs less dense and contrasty
than I would have hoped.  Any thoughts about suggested times.  If I was left
to my own devices I would likely try just increasing the developing time to
gain density and contrast.  Would I first have to down rate the HP5+ from
400?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  If anyone knows of a reason to NOT
use rodinal with HP5+ speak now or forever hold your piece.

Thanks

Ernie Nitka

"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients
to plant vines. "
- - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)