Subject: Re: [Leica] Tiltall tripods
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:03:45 EST

Tiltall tripods were made by E. Leitz, NJ for a period from the early '70's
to the early 80's.  On one of my visits to Rockleigh, I was shown the area
where the Tiltall's were manufactured.  Star D always manufactured a knock off
of the Tiltall.  After Leitz stopped production, Star D began to produce real
Tiltalls in addition to Star D's until the parent company, Uniphot, folded a
few years ago.  At last PMA, I saw new Tiltalls, which are now manufactured in
the Far East.  I don't remember who the new distributor is, or if they are in
fact being distributed in the US yet.

Bill Rosauer