Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Prices, Kodak, AGFA
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:47:19 -0600

>My response to why I don't use it for
>other things is "Why use a high contrast and saturated film with high
>contrast and saturated lenses that the Leica has?".  Save the Velvia for
>the Nikon lenses ;-)

Good reply! :-)

That's like one guy who said his Nikon lenses were as good as Leica lenses
if he uses a polarizer. :-)

As for Fuji/Kodak prices. Kodak keeps trying to sell us Kodak 800 (the new
stuff that's out since Photokina). It's great film. It's a true 800 while
Fuji is more like 640. And the color is significantly improved. Especially
with Kodak scanners.

But, it's .25 or .50 cent more per roll. Add that up with 4,000 rolls of
film we shoot a year and you can see why Fuji wins out. (All their films
are cheaper). The Kodak rep. told me that because of the great color and
true speed, that Kodak films save money at the scanning stage because it
takes less time to scan and tone in Photoshop.

Yeah, right, and Nikon's just as good as Leica. ;-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch