Subject: [Leica] Re: Evercolor
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:19:53 -0800

At 10:06 PM 12/14/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Second, he often takes photos that I think are best left to medium
>or large format photographers (or at the very least Leica users): that is,
>photos that beg for rich detail and extraordinary sharpness to convey
>texture and subtlety. And, of course, he's not using Leitz lenses. To my
>eyes Rowell seems to be working toward the drama and entertainment side of
>photography rather than toward showing us a way of seeing in and through
>what's there in the landscape so that I am learning to see better through
>his photography.
>
>--Gib

Ah ha Gib... you are indeed seeing the light. You've taken the words right
out of MANY OF OUR mouths. But we all have been too, uh, inhibited, to say
what you said. Many thanks. To be blunt, much of his stuff is really
unsharp. Actually, if enlarged larger than a thumbnail, it's blurry. And
which personality side of [him] did you manage to meet? His wife is a very
nice person.

Jim (Opps... I think I'm in trouble now) Brick