Subject: [Leica] Are you nuts Bob???
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:52:36 -0500

Bob offered Tina.......

>By the way, as a sincere gesture of friendship, if you need any of my
>equipment you are most welcome to take it anywhere and use it like your
own.
>I have 21mm/asph/35F1.4asph/50mmNocto/90F2.8 Tele-Elmarit and of course
the
>same lense as you have, the 135 Apo Telyt. I also have a Hassy
Superwide, a
>Hassy 503CW and a Nikon F5 system.  You are welcome to any pieces.
>

>Bob Bedwell
>Greensboro, NC

Are you nuts Bob???

Didn't you read Tina's post about what happened to her equipment in
Honduras????  Even if you aren't nuts... you are extremely brave!  (and
good for you.... I just hope Tina doesn't have to take you up on it!)

I had my Canon 20-35L FD zoom come apart internally Saturday while I was
taking pictures of a Christmas party in the Quito garbage dump.  It only
zoomed to about 26mm and I couldn't focus on any point farther than about
12 feet....  but the images look fine......  Thank God for depth of
field.   This lens has literally bounced all over Latin America....
(everyone drops a lens at some point folks)  I'm amazed it's held up this
long.  Anyhow.... The lens actually is on more or less permanent loan
from one of my brothers......   I'm tempted to return to it him as
is......this being Christmas and all.....  But... then again.......

Anyhow.....I'd be scared to borrow your lenses Bob.  Especially if you
told me to treat them as my own!!!

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador