Subject: [Leica] Roswell.... dead cameras...fogged film??????
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:17:07 -0500

>I went to school in Roswell N. M. From 1946-1947 at New Mexico
>MilitaryInstitute.  At the time I had a Mercury II, single frame 35mm
camera.
>For the last two years 1948-1950 ( shortly after the landing) my camera
>stopped working.  For some reason my film is fogged from the 1947
photographs.
>Any suggestions??

>Clifton

The Mercury cameras are rather hard to find in mint and good working
condition,  The spinning dials are kind of fun to watch........  but
UFO's have of course been reported to cause things to stop
working........

As far as the fogging....... Cosmic radiation does fog undeveloped
film... this becomes more noticeable especially over time..... This is
one of the reasons Kodak stores 3200 ASA films in old salt mines.....  Of
course an alien spacecraft powered by light fotons could have possibly
fogged the film as well.....

If it's developed film that has "fogged" over the years... either it
wasn't processed and washed right or the memory is a bit fogged about
whether the negatives were originally fogged or not......   The memory
loss could have possibly been caused by......
well.......... a series of the spacecrafts electromagnetic  or photon
pulses that damaged a few of your synapses..........  (Sorry, I couldn't
resist.... chuckle, chuckle)

Seriously, you  can usually make a good print off of the negs by
adjusting contrast and some dodging or burning if it is unevenly
fogged..... But it is still possible to make a good print to the point
that you would never guess the negatives were fogged.

And no.... I'm not a UFO'er .......

"Not that there is anything wrong with that "   (Jerry Seinfeld)

Duane Birkey