Subject: [Leica] IIIF film alignment
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 07:25:30 PST

I have a IIIF that I have been using regularly, but recently I have
noticed that part of the frame of photos taking vertically is not sharp.
This does not usually happen with horizontal shots..Which leads me to
believe the film is not being held properly.  I am baffled as to what
could cause this in such a simple camera.  It is cosmetically perfect.
Could this be caused by the take up spool?  It seems to have some shaft
play when the bottom is off and the spool removed.  Is this play normal?
How tight should the advance knob fit to the body?

Thanks for any assistance
Dan