Subject: Re: [Leica] Rowell, etc.
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:12:57 -0700

Kevin,

I read Rowell's newspaper column on the matter of his Bay Area book, and
admire the man for focusing on his backyard again, despite visiting so many
faraway places, as there's no better way to sharpen your vision than by
learning to see the everyday world through new eyes!

Learning to "see" means that you stop saying "oh, that's a street, and those
are cars", and noticing instead textures, colors, tonal values, forms and
the possibilities offered by them, and it works as well in your home as it
does in some exotic locale halfway around the world. This is exciting stuff,
and the reason why we get hooked on photography!

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa