Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica conspiracy to addict LUGgers to the Noctilux-
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:57:54 +0100

Dan,

I look forward to seeing my results. The weight is not a problem, so if I
determine that the daylight images from the Noctilux are as good as with the
Summilux, the Summilux is sold.

There is a big American motorcycle called the Boss Hoss, with a V8 Chevy
engine or something like that. Now I know what the name means!

Nathan

Dan Post wrote:

> Nathan-
> Aside from the size- and I admit, the Noctilux is a 'hoss'*, the image
> stopped down is indistinguishable, at least by me, from the Summicron. The
> only reason I would keep the Summilux would be to have a lighter, smaller
> optic when you wanted to travel light.
> Also- contrary to popular belief, the sound of the Noctilux sucking in all
> that light makes very little noise! Barely audible over the sound of the
> shutter.
> Dan ( slavering and drooling for a Nocti!)
>
> * 'Hoss"- American colloquial expression for 'horse', used for or meaning
> large or ungainly in a jocular sense.
> dwpost@msn.com

- --
Nathan Wajsman