Subject: [Leica] 19mm Elmarit - First Version
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:17:50 -0600

I realize the second version of the 19 mm Elmarit-R is considered the
better lens but it lacks the two/three cams I need for my SLR's.

Can anyone offer some feedback on the first version of this lens?  Are
there any show stopper problems with the lens?   How does it compare to
the second version of the 19 mm Elmarit-R or to the 21 mm Super
Angulon-R f/4?

I'll try one before I buy it but I'd like to know if it's worth looking
for one in the first place.

TIA,
Bud