Subject: [Leica] Lesson on Bokeh
From: "Isaac H Crawford" <eyes1@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:23:12 -0500

I just went to the Van Gogh exhibit in Washington DC and got a real lesson
in bokeh... Most of his stuff showed that you don't necessairly need
super-razor-sharp images to get the idea. Of course, in his case he did it
rather well... One of the things that I really like about my first Leica
lens (75 summilux) is its ability to render out of focus info in such a way
that you still "get it". I was initially struck by how the 35 summicron-m
did this, and was originally going to get it first, but I got such a good
deal on the lux, I couldn't pass it up!

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on the advice to not only check out other
photographers, but painters as well... it can be a real eye opener!

Isaac