Subject: [Leica] Merry Christmas to the LUG!
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:29:35 EST

With Christmas carols ringing in the ears, red (non-Leica) pieces of red
bunting fluttering in the wind and rampaging hordes of shoppers running along
the sidewalks, we are going to do the sensible thing and escape to the Oregon
Coast for 10 days. No phone, no fax, no e-mail, no voice-mail, no Muzak, and
no TV - only a handful of M's, some carefully selected lenses and wine,
cheese, books, friends as well as a plastic bag with Tri-X.
 1998 was a good year. I had the opportunity to meet many LUGgers face to
face; in Rome in March, Charleston,SC in April, Tokyo in May and of course the
LUGmeet at Photokina in September, Denver in October and Hong Kong in November
- - and  also all those LUGgers who  passed through Vancouver this year.
The LUG is a remarkable group; there is a depth of knowledge and love of
Photography and Leica, there is also a willingness to share the knowledge and
it is an honour and a pleasure to be a member of this group. - And my special
thanks to Brian Reid of course!
 To all LUGgers out there, our wishes for the best of the Season and for a
remarkable 1999. Lets hope it will bring us some new subjects to discuss on
the LUG, some new products for our Leicas and considerable prosperity to us
all ;-) in order to be able to pay for those new products ;-)  but most
important of all: "May all your Photos come out exactly as you want them to".
All the best from,
Tom & Tuulikki Abrahamsson
 and also from the absolute ruler of the roost, "Barnack" the Cat.