Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: is digital photography for real?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:38:33 -0800

- --------------81FF8966D283C2C66A7264C8

Paul Schiemer wrote:

> Of the studios I know using digital acquisition most are in the business
> of doing books (brochures, etc.) and need fast, simple, direct access to
> images as they are being made.  It ain't 'art', it's volume.

Just spoke to art director at agency I do work for who had just come back
from a factory where previously I had been hired to do pix where he had used
a small digital camera to shoot his own photos.  He chuckled, said they
weren't as good as mine, of course, but simple things not too important.
But these are going into a web site with a $500,000 production budget.

There it is.

donal
- --
Donal Philby