Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Viewing filter for B&W tonal values: Training the eye
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:36:10 -0700

I've tried the #90 filter, and it does simulate a black and white
rendering--sort of. I've never used such a filter in photography.  But
something that I did find useful was to photograph a fixed scene, make a
good print, and return to the scene of the photo, photo in hand. Take a few
minutes and look at different parts of the scene, and then look at the same
features in the print. I have found this very helpful. Sometimes it allows
me to retake the photo and make a better print, based on what I have seen. I
like returning to the same place and trying to render it in different ways.
Very instructive.
Happy holidays to all.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson