Subject: Re: [Leica] Help needed on APO 2X extender and 70-180
From: "Ben Ho ^_^" <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 01:21:26 +0800

Hello,

I have just got the 70-180 and tne APO 2x extender today.  Should be very
happy, however, I am very puzzled about the following 2 "problems" :

1.    When I use the 2X extender on the 70-180 len, or any other len, my R8
cannot get the aperture reading from the lens (Screen shows blank aperture).
Is this normal?

    Also, when I change the aperture, I can see the build-in meter
responding.  Does this mean that the camera is still suggesting appropriate
metering?  Or do I have to step up the exposure by 2 stops manual according
to the parameter given by the camera.

2.    I also have a Metz 40 MZ3 flash (3501 adapter).  When I use it with
the 70-180 (no extender), the auto zoom is always set at 70mm regardless of
the focal length I am using.   This is normal?  (I also use this flash with
my EOS 28-105 lens.  The flash will adust it's zoom automatically from the
28-105 range whenever I change the focal length.)

Sorry If my questions seems too ignorant.  I have never used any extender
before and  I am quite worried that I might have bought 2 pieces of lemon.

Very much appreciate your help.

Best regards.