Subject: Re: [Leica] Help needed on APO 2X extender and 70-180 - continue
From: "Ben Ho ^_^" <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:19:16 +0800

Hello,

First of all, thanks to all who give me advices on my newly acquired APO 2x
extender and the APO 70-180/2.8 ROM.

For the 2x extender part, both my dealer and I was not aware that there is a
ROM version.  Thus, I am going return the APO 2X and order a new ROM
version.  I guess this part of my problem is solved.

However, for the new APO 70-180/2.8 ROM I got, I am really worried.  I used
it together with the Metz 40MZ3 and 3501 adapter but found that the auto
zoom of the flash are always set at 70mm regardlesss of the len focal
length.  I use the same flash set up on a 28-70 ROM zoom and noted that the
flash zoom will automatically match the 28-70 focal length.  Further checked
that the flash itself can zoom to 105mm.  Thus I am wondering : If I set the
70-180 to 105mm or above, the flash zoom should at least switch to 105mm
instead of remaining at 70mm.  Does this mean there is something wrong with
my new zoom?

Very much appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

寄件者: Ben Ho ^_^ <longjohn@netvigator.com>
收件者: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
日期: 1998年12月20日 AM 12:26
主旨: Re: [Leica] Help needed on APO 2X extender and 70-180