Subject: Re: [Leica] DIY E-6 processing?
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 20:31:34 -0400

Andrew:

Do it on a Jobo if you can, otherwise, you need a tempering bath.  I have
heard electic frying pans or aquarium heaters suggested for tempering.  The
Kodak 1 gal kit is the cheapest, while AGfA makes a 2.5 litre kit which is
only four chemicals and about as cheap as the Kodak.

I have just started to use the AGFA AR44 kit to try it out.  It is very
convenient as it comes as five 500ml kits.  This means you can mix up a
small quantity of chemistry and not worry about spoilage.  The 500ml
quantity will do four rolls.

Processing your own E6 is a great idea.  It makes taking lots of pictures
very cheap.  The duds do not get mounted, but go straight to the waste
basket.  Pushing film is much better as well.  I have been doing my own E6
since about July.  I have probably processed about fifty rolls.  I have had
no disasters yet.  It is very cheap as well at two or three dollars a roll.
 If you can do B&W, E6 will be no problem, just more steps.

Regards,

Robert Stevens

Regards,

Robert Stevens