Subject: Re: [Leica] Jim Nelon home page
From: "James R. Nelon" <JNelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 14:57:57 +0800

Thanks very much for your reply and kind words. I'm in the midst of redesigning
the page to allow three sizes of picture to be displayed (thumbnail, typical
monitor size and big). I'm also putting in notes (film, lens, body, date,
situation, etc.) for the curious. Will post a note here when the new stuff is
available (probably next week).

Jim

Alastair Firkin wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I've just had the chance to visit your page, and agree with the LUG that
> the images are really very fine. I too like the speed of loading and the
> simple lay out. Java just "stops" my poor computer in its tracks, so a
> simple fast lay out is great.
>
> I would like to see your vertical images a little smaller, but perhaps in
> slightly higher resolution. Most of the computer world is on smallish
> screens. I've got a 17 inch one and even at its highest resolution, I could
> not quite see all the image on one go. It is nice to have the image fit on
> the screen and not have to scroll through it or download it just to see the
> complete image. I aim on my page to have the images viewable on a 15 inch
> screen, and I do have some complain that the images are too small, so
> sometimes, I post a link for those who really want a larger and more
> detailed image, whilst keeping my main page fit for a simple screen. I do
> not know what others think of this, but each home page for me is a
> "creation" in itself.
>
> Thanks for sharing your images and vision of Asia. I hope you will alert us
> all whenever the page is updated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alastair Firkin,
>
> http://users.netconnect.com.au/~firkin/AGFhmpg.html