Subject: [Leica] Jim Nelon home page
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 20:46:23 -0800 (PST)

Jim,

I've just had the chance to visit your page, and agree with the LUG that
the images are really very fine. I too like the speed of loading and the
simple lay out. Java just "stops" my poor computer in its tracks, so a
simple fast lay out is great.

I would like to see your vertical images a little smaller, but perhaps in
slightly higher resolution. Most of the computer world is on smallish
screens. I've got a 17 inch one and even at its highest resolution, I could
not quite see all the image on one go. It is nice to have the image fit on
the screen and not have to scroll through it or download it just to see the
complete image. I aim on my page to have the images viewable on a 15 inch
screen, and I do have some complain that the images are too small, so
sometimes, I post a link for those who really want a larger and more
detailed image, whilst keeping my main page fit for a simple screen. I do
not know what others think of this, but each home page for me is a
"creation" in itself.

Thanks for sharing your images and vision of Asia. I hope you will alert us
all whenever the page is updated.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,