Subject: Re: [Leica] Why Metz flash is always at 70mm on 70-180mm lens
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:25:07 +0100

On 21-12-1998 05:36 Ben Ho ^_^ wrote:

>Thanks a lot for the information.  Now I know my len is working properly.

You know, something came to my mind when I was thinking this over.
Leica says officially that the new ROM contact strip provides for the
autozoom flash head setting on compatible flashes and for additional (to
the mechanical) electronic exposure compensation in P and S mode.
I am ready to bet that the new ROM contact strip will make it possible
for a future enhancement to the R8 body to have electronic focus
confirmation in the viewfinder.
The fact that the 70-180 has no sensor for flash autozoom, but a ROM
contact strip, is further evidence to that. Why go to all that trouble if
it were only for some minimal and additional electronic exposure check?
;-)

Happy Christmas and New Year to all!

Pascal

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/